Faculty & Staff
Bouldering with your humanities teacher. Attending the opera with your college counselor. Cooking with your advisor. At St. Andrew's-Sewanee, education goes well beyond the classroom under the guidance of teachers who pride themselves on catalyzing and modeling lifetime learning. SAS teachers aspire to inspire students to be well-rounded and thoughtful world citizens.
All of my teachers at SAS have been extremely kind, understanding, and supportive. The relationship you develop with teachers at SAS is one of the best parts of attending the school. - Tyeler Rawlins '18
More than 60% of our teachers live on campus and the other rest might as well.
Few schools offer and encourage the kind of deep, honest relationships that St. Andrew's-Sewanee students enjoy with the adults on our campus; few schools demand the nearly 24-hour-a-day attention that our students receive from our faculty.
Thank you for helping our kids develop a strong sense of self, and strong sense of place, and with this foundation, a realization that they are part of a greater whole. And—thank you for doing this all tirelessly, patiently, professionally, with wisdom, and a sense of humor. ~ Dr. Amy Evans, on behalf of the SAS Parents
- St. Andrew's-Sewanee teachers received their education at some of the best colleges and universities in the country.
- They are former Peace Corps volunteers, professional artists, long distance runners, mountain bikers, writers, and world travelers.
- 58% of the faculty holds advanced degrees.
- The average teaching experience is 13 years.
And Still Learning
- SAS teachers are lifelong learners.
- Faculty members are able to spend each summer expanding their knowledge and experiences by traveling, attending workshops, and pursuing advanced degrees in order to bring our students even more great teaching.