We are pleased to know that you are interested in a position at St. Andrew's-Sewanee School.
We expect a lot from our employees. Faculty and staff at St. Andrew's-Sewanee School wear multiple hats as we strive each day to provide our students and their families with an outstanding education and community experience. In exchange for their dedication, our employees receive competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including health insurance, lunches, and tuition remission for their dependents. More than half of our faculty live on campus, receiving housing and meals in exchange for their leadership as houseparents.
Part-time opportunities, particularly coaching positions, may be combined with teaching positions to form full-time benefits-eligible positions.
St. Andrew’s-Sewanee School seeks dedicated, personable, and hard-working individuals to fill some combination of the following coaching vacancies:
- Head JV Boys’ Basketball / Assistant Varsity Boys’ Basketball Coach (Winter)
- Head Middle School Girls' Basketball Coach (Winter)
- Assistant Tennis Coach for High School and Middle School (Spring)
Requirements & Qualifications:
- A desire to work with students in grades 6-12
- Sport-specific coaching experience
- Interest in being part of a small and supportive academic community
- Ability to recognize athletics as one aspect of a well-rounded education
- Comfort with students from a wide variety of racial, socio-economic, and national backgrounds
- Relevant work experience in an educational setting is preferred
Applicants with a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or willingness to acquire one before employment begins will be given special consideration.
Compensation - Salary is dependent on education and experience. These are seasonal, part time positions and do not include benefits. They may be combined with teaching positions to form full-time benefits-eligible positions.
SAS is a co-ed, independent, Episcopal, boarding and day school serving 250 students in grades six through twelve. Students come from across the U.S. and more than a dozen countries. Located in Sewanee, Tennessee, faculty and students enjoy a rural mountaintop college town with abundant outdoor and cultural activities. SAS encourages the development of students as scholars, athletes, and artists. Students commonly participate in multiple sports and extracurricular activities. The school is committed to intellectual, cultural, racial and economic diversity.
Applications should be directed to the Director of Athletics Rob Zeitler. Please include a letter of introduction, a résumé, a coaching statement, and at least two professional references. We will begin reviewing applications immediately and will close application when the position is filled.
St. Andrew’s-Sewanee School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It's not just a job
Every job at SAS is unique, and rarely will a job match this list precisely. Specific responsibilities of full time teachers include the following or their equivalent.
- Teach 4 year-long classes (or 5 year-long classes with no afternoon programs)
- Sponsor 2 trimester afternoon programs
- Additional clubs, activities, or committee assignments as designated
- Participate in continual departmental curricular review and development
- Communicate proactively with parents
- Serve as an advisor to students and keep regular contact with advisee parents
- Attend chapel, assemblies, faculty meetings, and advisory periods
- Plan and support grade level events and house activities
- Be available during work periods for student support
- Serve on weekend team for campus supervision and activities
- Participate in working groups and departmental planning
- Serve as a substitute for colleagues in classes and afternoon programs
- Assist with other responsibilities in the academic day, such as driving students to and from the University and other destinations on the Mountain
- Provide creative offerings and support for special events and projects such as Opening Weekend/Orientation, Family Weekend, Winterim, Earth Day, and Commencement Weekend
- Support students by attending school events, such as plays, concerts, and games
- Acquire and maintain a TN CDL Bus-driving License (if applicable to coaching responsibilities)
In addition to listing employment opportunities here, SAS lists most positions with TABS, NAIS, NAES, SAIS, and TAIS.
St. Andrew's-Sewanee School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a program of equal opportunity and nondiscrimination with all employees, students, and applicants for employment, and will actively carry out all federal and state regulations. All aspects of your working at St. Andrew’s-Sewanee School will be governed on the basis of competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap or veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
All decisions made with respect to recruiting, hiring and promotions will be based solely on individual qualifications related to the requirements of the job.
Likewise, all other personnel matters such as compensation, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, training, education and social/recreation programs will be administered free from illegal discriminatory practices.