Words and Images: Supply List
List of Supplies Participants Should Bring:
- Journal - for writing and taking notes
- Two or three ink pens/markers for writing text into your prints or on other papers. Bring various pen point sizes and colors - you can choose.
- One or two brayers: 4” or smaller but must be Soft Rubber printmaking brayers (I recommend Speedball). – www.dickblick.com/products/speedball-soft-rubber-brayers/
- Three or four brushes, bring whatever you have - (round, flat, bristle, synthetic, different sizes- all fine)
- One sketchpad with white paper (11” x 14” or similar dimensions) Mixed media paper is good - medium weight, with a smooth surface.
- X-acto knife with extra blades
- 12” metal straight edge
- Any kind of glue you like to use (for collages)
- Pencils (graphite) (any brand) for sketching- also a small handheld pencil sharpener if you have one
- Old hand towel and sponge for clean-up
- One roll of Freezer Paper -18” wide- or whatever you can find (purchase at your local grocery store)
- Rubber or latex gloves if you are sensitive to inks or other materials
- Apron or smock to protect your clothes
- Bone Folder
- Set of Alphabet Stamps for stamping text on your work
- Other kinds of paper to experiment with: handmade, textured, patterned, wallpaper, old letters, sheet music, pages of books, papers with color, etc.
- Self- healing cutting mat- small is fine
- Colored pencils – small set -any brand
- Texture/pattern-producing materials: cotton string, yarn, plastic or cloth lace, cheesecloth, soft plastic stencils, puzzle pieces, rubber stamps, etc. All these items need to be pliable and soft.
- You will be provided with a 3” x 5” gelli plate for this workshop. If you already have any commercial gel plates that are a different size, feel free to bring them.
Make sure to mark your personal tools with some sort of identification.